Each spring, The Nora School sponsors a photography festival open to students in grades 6 through 12 from a wide variety of public, private, home and charter schools throughout the metropolitan Washington, DC, area. Student photographers address a variety of themes in any way they choose, and a panel of professional photographers judges submissions.
The festival culminates in an an exhibition and reception at the school, This year the event will be held on April 29, 2017 at 7:30pm. Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place, with honorable mentions.
The event is a real favorite among students, parents, and teachers — and we hope you’ll join us.
- No entry fee is required.
- No more than TWO entries per person will be accepted.
- Photographs may be in color or black and white, and may be gelatin silver or digitally printed.
- All photographs must have been taken by a student in grades 6 through 12. Students in public, private, and parochial schools are welcome to submit entries.
- Photographs should measure no larger than 11 x 14 inches, and must be mounted to a size no greater than 16 x 20 inches.
- No frames please!
- The entrant’s name, address, telephone number, school, grade, and the location of the photograph must be written clearly and neatly on the back of the mat board. Tape or glue each Entry Form to the back of your entry.
- Late, mutilated, or previously published photographs are not eligible. Subject matter must be appropriate for school display. This determination shall be final.
- A team of professional photographers will judge the photos, based on originality, interest of subject matter, visual appeal, and technical merit. The decisions of the judges will be final.
- Prizes will be announced at the reception.
- Photos may be picked up at the conclusion of the exhibition, or during regular school hours the following week. Photos not picked up before the end of June will be considered donations to The Nora School.
Deadline: April 6, 2017, 5:00 pm
Nora School Photography Festival
c/o The Nora School
955 Sligo Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com
Nora School Photography Festival entry form
Please use the link in the right-hand column to download and print the form. Tape or glue the form to the back of your entry.